Climate Smart Montana
Climate Smart Montana is a non-partisan, non-profit network with the goal of sharing information and resources to better coordinate community-based climate solutions and resiliency efforts in Montana.
Specific activities include:
- Collect and distribute the most relevant climate science materials, news, and resources.
- Share best practices and highlight success stories of communities that have adopted local climate solutions.
- Understand local challenges related to a shifting climate and share strategies to adapt to those changes.
- Facilitate community efforts to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Identify and obtain funds to strengthen community resilience across Montana.
- Encourage other communities to participate in this network and support their efforts to advance local climate solutions.
We have an unmoderated list serve (ClimateSmartMontana@sympa.montana.edu) to share information about resources, funding and educational opportunities. For more information, contact Paul Lachapelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming and Past Events
October 3, 2019: Montana League of Cities and Towns 88th Annual Confernce presentation "Creating Climate Resilient Communities"
October 16, 2019: Institute on Ecosystems Rough Cut Science lecture "Creating Climate Resilient Communities"
Our partners include:
Lori and Robert Byron, MD, Montana Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate
Amy Cilimburg, Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula
Karin Hilding, Senior Project Engineer, City of Whitefish
Deborah Hines, Co Director, South North Nexus
Robin Kelson, Board of Directors, Climate Smart Glacier Country
Paul Lachapelle, Professor, Montana State University Extension
Natalie Meyer, Sustainability Program Manager, City of Bozeman
Nick Silverman, Hydroclimatologist, Adaptive Hydrology
Steve Thompson, Executive Director, National Center for Appropriate Technology