Climate Smart Montana
Climate Smart Montana is a non-partisan, non-profit network with the goal of sharing information and resources to better coordinate community-based climate solutions and resiliency efforts in Montana.
Specific Activities Include:
- Collect and distribute the most relevant climate science materials, news, and resources.
- Share best practices and highlight success stories of communities that have adopted local climate solutions.
- Understand local challenges related to a shifting climate and share strategies to adapt to those changes.
- Facilitate community efforts to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Identify and obtain funds to strengthen community resilience across Montana.
- Encourage other communities to participate in this network and support their efforts to advance local climate solutions.
We have an unmoderated list serve (ClimateSmartMontana@sympa.montana.edu) to share information about resources, funding and educational opportunities. For more information, contact Paul Lachapelle at email@example.com
Montana Community Resiliency Plans
Get names and contact information for participating indviduals and organizations.
Resources and Publications
See resources and publications on topics relevant to Climate Smart Montana's work
Upcoming and Past Events
October 16, 2019: Institute on Ecosystems Rough Cut Science lecture "Creating Climate Resilient Communities"
October 3, 2019: Montana League of Cities and Towns 88th Annual Confernce presentation "Creating Climate Resilient Communities"