Community Development Program Areas
Through the MSU Local Government Center, we deliver many programs to municipal and county officials, employees, and advisory boards.
- Citizen Board Workshops
- Code of Ethics Training
- Public Lands Revenue Education
- Meeting Management
- Human Resources Management
- Local Government Extension Training
We provide guidance and assistance to help communities build capacity and plan for change.
- Small Business Development
- Community Foundation Education
- Grant Writing and Management Seminars
- Community Profiling
- Focus Groups
- Community Health Assessments
- Native American Community Planning
- Community Tourism Assessments
Community leadership programs are aimed at building individual and group capacity to address complex issues.
- Facilitator Training
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Conflict Management
- Understanding Personality Dynamics
- Rural Community Conference
- 2017 CDS-NACDEP Conference
Programs and materials that explore the impacts of and strategies to address climate change.
- 4-H Weather and Climate Youth Learning Lab
- Addressing Climate Change at the Community Level in the United States