Community Development Specialist Program Areas
Climate Change Resiliency
Programs and materials that explore the impacts of and strategies to address climate change.
- 4-H Weather and Climate Youth Learning Lab
- Addressing Climate Change at the Community Level in the United States
- Climate Smart Montana
- Climate Change Educational Events
Diversity and Inclusion
We provide programs, materials, and resources that provide individuals and organizations the tools to address a variety of topics including sexual and gender identity, racism, aging, and others.
Economic Development and Strategic Planning
We provide guidance and assistance to help communities build capacity and plan for change.
- Small Business Development
- Community Foundation Education
- Grant Writing and Management Seminars
- Community Profiling
- Focus Groups
- Community Health Assessments
- Native American Community Planning
- Community Tourism Assessments
Our community leadership programs are aimed at building individual and group capacity to address complex issues.
- National Public Issues Education Consortium
- Facilitator Training
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Conflict Management
- Understanding Personality Dynamics
- Rural Community Conference
- 2017 CDS-NACDEP Conference
We deliver many programs to municipal and county officials, employees, and advisory boards.
- Citizen Board Workshops
- Code of Ethics Training
- Public Lands Revenue Education
- Meeting Management
- Human Resources Management
- Local Government Extension Training